Arboriculture is a profession focused on managing individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play.
- Selecting and planting appropriate trees.
- Pruning young trees to ensure they grow into sound, well-structured mature trees.
- Protecting and preserving trees during construction and development.
- Diagnosing and treating pests and diseases.
- Assessing and managing tree risk.
- Pruning trees.
- Removing trees.
Many people work with and around trees - however, an arborist is a dedicated professional who specialises in tree care and has learnt about safe tree work operations through formal education in arboriculture.