Australian Arborist Industry Licence
LICENCE UPDATE - OCTOBER 2020
Arb Aus™ has placed a moratorium on the Australian Arborist Licence project effective October 2020 until 2022.
The first Australian Arborist Licences were issued in 2017 and were complimentary with Arb Aus registered membership. Since then, voluntary uptake of the licence has been significantly below anticipated numbers, prompting concerns for:
- the current licence model
- industry demand for the licence
- industry and stakeholder commitment to the roll-out and uptake of the licence
- availability of the resources needed to effectively implement and market the licence project.
Pending industry and stakeholder feedback, a moratorium will allow time to:
- review and amend the current licence model
- consult with industry and stakeholders and rebuild enthusiasm and commitment to the project
- acquire necessary resources
- review and amend a detailed and collaborative marketing and roll-out plan
Please let us know your feedback on regulation in our industry and the Australian Arborist Licence by emailing email@example.com.
What does this mean if I have an Australian Arborist Licence?
All licences issued remain valid and provide the same benefits until their expiration date. If you have any concerns regarding your licence, please feel free to contact the Arb Aus team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.